ZAMBOANGA CITY: Child electrocuted by Xmas decors

Share this on Social Media

REGIONAL



The city government is advising parents to closely watch their children and not let them touch any of the electrical Christmas decorations installed on this city’s landmarks to avoid accidents.

Engr. Rene dela Cruz, City General Service Office (CGSO) chief, issued the advice on Friday after a six-year-old girl was recently electrocuted after touching the Christmas lights at Plaza Pershing.

Dela Cruz said the girl was hospitalized for two days and the local government shouldered the bill.

He lamented that some parents do not heed the warning signages installed on the Christmas decors for the protection of children.

The city government spent PHP3 million to install electrical Christmas decorations in several landmarks such as in the City Hall, Paseo del Mar, Rizal Street, Veterans Memorial Monument, Agan Avenue, Rotary Canelar-Sta. Maria rotunda, and Jardin Maria Clara.

Dela Cruz said the Christmas decorations aim to attract visitors to the city. (PNA)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *